Re: Mystery screenshot

Why not just make it 3d?

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Because it'd require writing a decent model loader. tongue And that'd take more time. The code is partially ready should I want to do that though, at least the structure of things..

hm I guess it would be harder. And it would mean you would need to render each object 8 or more views.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

With a full, good 3D implimentation, you could model the world (gtkRadiant style) and have presets that can be dropped into the world if desired.

Indeed. smile

Some even claim it is 3D already....:p

Well, a NWN-style 3D wouldn't be all that hard, but it _would_ be more work and I'd like to get to game mechanics as soon as possible, since truth be told I don't like working on graphics code, and above that it can't be reused as server code, whereas properly done game mechanics can, so I figure it's more productive to get through the graphics code as quickly as possible, admittedly doing a decent job on it.

Mind you for the current client, 2D art for paperdolling is easily 80% of the size of the download, and that could be reduced significantly if the models were 3D. I'd say the client might even fit in 20 or 30 megs. So it's really a question of priorities. And that's pretty low on the list. smile

Hows your keyboard zer?

Seems to be fine, I left it alone for a day so hopefully it's dried by now

My mouse gets really wierd when it rains and gets cold... like those spring-time rains we didn't get this year.  It gets really funky... like, clicking makes it do scroll-wheel functions and stuff.

36 (edited by Catbert 2005-05-11 19:52:58)

Please tell me you aren't bringing back that weird 3d view from beta sad

I also think adding invite to party, ignore, tell and some other chat functionality to that new popup looking window would be a good idea (and perhaps commands like mute/kick/warp to for GMs?), if it hasn't been mentioned.  Typing all of that as a moderator got annoying, even with Spec's nifty little script:)

yea more jp options.

tyrannus: That's server side smile

What about something like CTRL + RIGHT_CLICK brings up the little window?