Topic: Script

hmm kinda posted this in the forums but . i think that it would probably get more attention in here . old client there was a dscale cape that you could make with smithy . my idea kinda revolves around that . factoid ... the more things you have lieing around doing nothing the more laggier the server is gonna be . well lets kinda do a little clean up and put things like bones dscales furs rat furs etc. put them  in the craftables . start off where battleaxe leaves off . bone armor .dragon scale armor .bone weapons (they really had bone weapons you know ) fur armor .etc etc . right now as i stated in the other forums . THERE is NOTHING!!!! that someone over 100 needs from a smith . you buy your claymore  . you buy a master robe or gm robe whatever . or get a skullblade instead of a master robe . why the hell get a smith they make nothing you want? i think all that needs to change . crafters need to have a larger control in the economy than they do now . people need a reason to train smithy to 200 and a way to do it . as of now far as i know they cant get to celestial smith . but that kinda needs to happen .  the only crafter and congrats ZER that people really need anymore is a scriber . You really made that skill useful and productive . now they and only they it seems control the economy . if you have a scribe with 150 skill you have got a way to make unlimited amount of gold . ok why isnt smithing like that . why isnt carpentry like that ? i am sure these are things you have probably done seen . as of me i am not a crafter(thx god) but i pity those who are.i would love to one day be able to get something off a smith cause i have need for it at a high level .. contributing to the economy of faldon in the process . well something to think about

Re: Script

visual i kinda doubt there will ever be a wipe . anytime in the near future . and these things can be done without a wipe . just a little programming involved . patch up the new .skil files with the patcher and . BAM! you got yourself a mix..

hmm idea make the items you buy from the smiths better than the indes ones remeber of the ages on an item made it indes in the old client  . well half the crap that came out of the ages . was crap . let smiths make stuff better but at a lower dura say slightly better than SB but with a dura of 20/20

you know you have a point . SB was meant to be realised though . just not in as mass quantities as it was . it was a contest . well zer tweeked all the gmrobes and made them master robes now . if he can do that i am sure .nooo i am positive that he can put a durability ono those highly over powered items . to give smiths a chance in the game . but im not just talking about smiths though . what about carps  . there bows no one wants them something needs to be done about that too . perhaps the bone idea you could make a bow from bone . i am not sure i have to give some more thought  on that . about how to tweek carpentry . but i am sure he can tweek all those gm items to make it so they are not indes . he already tweeked in game items once like i said .so it has to be possible . and he tweeked my bow . i accidently uneqed a bow on my level 10 char and quess what now i have to qain 20 levels to eq it again lol . see what i mean..

well we need to keep this post going with fresh ideas . zer i am sure would appreciate some fresh insite from the players i am a newbie scripter . c# for runuo .and i also scripted sphere . till i learnt that run uo was better . than i learnt c# and started useing it . anyway . i know . i ran my old uo shard how much it is appreciated to get fresh insites from the peopel you are intertaining . afterall zer may do the coding . but isnt he doing it to entertain us ?

btw it was zer who gave out the skull blade originally . as a c gift . random prize drawing for a halloween contest..

I think the first set of SBs that got out did so because of corrupt GMs spawning them for friends.  I don't think Niteranger's daughter ever gave away the SB.  So, that makes me think that someone got one spawned for them and then started the mass duping.

well tyrranus i mislead the post . i have been in an unuasual rush of late it shoulda been script ideas. sorry about the misleading post . but noo its not skullblades what i am talking about . how a forum gets off topic what i am trying to say is lets get some ideas together on how we can improve game play . what some common game play issues are . read what some of me and code wrote  .  bounce ideas off one another . you know . maybe zer might like some of them .

I was the one who did alot of the item changes, The only thing you cant change is the current dura on items, eg I changed a cap from 100 dura to lower. But any caps before the update will still have 100 dura, and thats the same with Mrobes, they are still ind. To make them unind I guess zer might be able too. I know a way to delete them but alot of people wont be happy big_smile

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

nah zambi we do not need to get rid of them . imho they are not as good as they use to be  . just made unindes . along with skull blades .  you could level forever with indes items not have to spend any gold  on items . not contribute anything to the faldon economy . the game needs a real economy . where you have to contribute  . and makeing things unindes would help . and putting control back into the crafters hands would help give them some better items to craft . more items better items . some more shitty items but cool looking . i am just a guy trying to help faldon im not trying to hurt faldon . im not trying to talk people into trying to change faldon for my own greedy good  . i do not have the patience to be a crafter . but i do believe that crafters should control the economy . i hope people who read this will understand where i am coming from . i have played this game for wayyyy to long  . lol . i have never done anything to hurt the economy of faldon . i have in vain tryed to help better the game . give ideas . all for what . all for nothing . i have played rpgs everysince i was a kid . my dad was one the first ones to get ultima  . the very first ultima . shity graphics . but game play was fun . it was like in 8 bit . for the apple . those where some my best memories as a kid . me and my dad playing ultima together . lol who would know back then that they would get so big become an mmorpg ? now i have 2 kids of my own . and when they get old enough to comprehend they too will contribute to the faldon  community . i wander if zer will ever read this post . it would be nice . maybe these ideas he will try to incorporate . maybe he will just think it is retarded . who knows well later everyone . i will check back in a few days . please try to add some ideas  . i enjoy reading other peoples thoughts on how this game should be improved . and adding my thoughts to there thoughts . faldon is a community . and if faldon is to improve . it will be through people like you and me . zer cant do everything you know . smile or can he lol....

funny what you say is true . visual i am at a lost as to what really needs to be done . i suppose you are right . maybe the only way to really fix the game is by a wipe . i doubt that is gonna happen anytime soon . or will it happen . but the new economic system will i repeat will have to be tested before this is to happen . people like me and you . measure will have to be taken to guard against corrupt gms . i feel like in order to truly test an economic system though it will take a year . no more than 20 people on . that have played the game long enough to know where the system needs to be tweeked . and would give ideas (like me and you are doing ) on how to fix it . maybe open back up the test server ? open up test server put in the spawns and edit the trade skills . so the new items are in it . try to test how easy or hard it is to get ahead . i dont think the problem lies in monster drops . i think the problems lie in crafting skills being too week . and too many indes items . i would love for a chance to test my therie out .

Well there wont be any reset till the new server, tho there will be many changes when the new client comes out, im hoping then zer will add a heap more things in crafting skills, if Im still playing im hoping to redo map 7, add in quests/story line/npcs/real setout etc.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

What i dont understand is why everyone keeps trying to bring down the rich players...either by game changes or a wipe. They got their presumably the same way everyone else did. They should be punished for their efforts ???Most of the players that where heavily involved in the duping are long gone.

You always talk about how faldon is so great because it allow a player to go in any direction. Well if someone wants to lvel or someone wants to raise skills, or if someone wants to get rich then that should be fine.

I mean you relate to real life and everyone isnt trying to make Donald Trump Broke just because he has a ferrari and you cant afford a ford.

I dont think a wipe would fix anything if the game was left as is. i feel after a wipe it would be exactly where it is now in under 6 months.

Zer still updates the server, and when I was talking to him he was gona update a few other things eg spells,skills,etc with the new client.

does zer ever read this thing? i would like to see his coments on this discusion really . sorry i cant post more but i bought 10 towers at a bargain price of 400 dollars woot . from the courthouse . my idea was to link them together .soo instead of haveing 1 processor working on a task i have 10 . my own little super computer . everyone i talked to about helping me out said it would not be worth it . that i should just get a p4 extrereme or an amd 64 well i am sorry but a 32.0 ghz system sounds better than an 3.2 ghz sytem . so i am trying to figure it out . though i am not haveing any luck . but anyways i think that the new server client should be tested first . before it is released . and is everyone who post here besides me a gm ? or an m?