1 (edited by xixao 2005-04-01 05:45:43)

Topic: New Ability for warriors "LEAP ATTACK"

Hello i am just wondering about this IDEA.

1. Leap Attack

Requirements
- 500 energy points
- 98 tactics

example of situation:
Xixao is running with Claymore around town and he see enemy player. That guy is Mage. Xixao is chasing him, Mage guy is running out from battlefield, xixao is using LEAP attack ( right click on target ). Leap attack consumed instantly 500 points of energy and xixao mage has been teleported to Mage Guy and hit him with 50% dmg bonus. Mage Guy died, coz he recieved critical hit.

[img]http://files.faldon.net/leap_attack.jpg[/img]

hehe i think this skills sounds fine, but mage will be very weak in PVP smile

Re: New Ability for warriors "LEAP ATTACK"

I like the idea of energy attacks, and its kinda possible doing it through spell scripting, tho not really the one you say since there isnt any leaping graphics. Tho a example of one I would make would be a defence move, use 50 energy which slows your speed down but increase your defence for 5 secs. Or another will be power, which could increase damage by 40% and use 110 energy for 4 seconds. Or... scare which weakens people in a area maybe 80 energy for 10 seconds.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

hm tho mages need more spells before warrors get more different kinds of attacks, but it sure would maybe warrors more fun to play.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Visualcode wrote:

Xixao, nice idea, get that from Diablo?

50% damage bonus, and a jump hit? Shouldn't it decrease the damage since it is creating
a hit that will almost certainly never miss? Then you talk about the skill, and contradict yourself
saying it would make the mage weak? Heh, that seems like it would be the only reason to really
add it, a leap attack on a monster would likely get you killed between lag, and the fact that you
would not have much energy left to run at all.

hah smile

No i have this from ultimaonline, coz i played as GM on czech UO free shard.. and we scripted this leap attack.  But !  The leap attack cannot be teleport with unlimited distance.. i think if you will just right click on target with leap spell, then you will move by 6 squares to that direction..

Anyway leap attack can be used only from high levels only .. i think somewhere about 350 - 400 level

But the problem is with mages now .. coz mage is weak vs warrior if you dont use SLIME or spiders . .  and i hate summoning during fight.. so we need to create something for mage too..

maybee something like " Energy Wave " Something like Nova but this spell will dont damage opponents . . this spell will just move all players around Caster 6 squares back smile

and this spell can cost 500 energy - NO ! mana coz if mage will deplete all his mana then he is lost ..

tyrranus wrote:

well, i dotn like the idea its for high levels only....

hehe i mean only high levels coz if need 500 energy for leap attack then you need to have about 400 const or 500 magic  so you must be high level to have this... i think somewhere about 200+

you are right that 350-400 lvl is bullshit smile

i just want to be carefull about Leaping newbies smile)) , coz then everybody will just leap to anything and faldon will be matrix smile lol

just make a range of attacks for low lvls-high lvls

Zammbi wrote:

Or another will be power, which could increase damage by 40% and use 110 energy for 4 seconds. Or... scare which weakens people in a area maybe 80 energy for 10 seconds.

Only thing i dislike about the power idea is that most duels dont last longer than 4 seconds so its kinda one sided.

Also isnt this the same as empower and weaken...which dont work.

Well my ideas were examples and weaken/empower does work.

Uh yes they do, its been working for over 6 months, cast the spell on yourself then click on your stat + button, then you will see your damage updated. Tho the damage is small so really its a waste of time casting.

Tho I agree it isnt really a great spell, I get like +7 max damage on max stats heh and lvl10, maybe if it added alot more it would be usefull.