Re: Visibility code and garbage collection

Instead of poltergeist mode, I'm likely just going to have a 'leave chat server'/'join chat server' deal for GMs (chat is arguably separate from play login now, so...), combined with RTS style mouse scroll and visibility over the whole game world for GMs.

I assume that the RTS scrolling that Zer is talking about would provide you that.  (ie. have no character whatsoever when scrolling).

In the RTS mode, a "center on <name>" type command/option would be handy.

To solve the spoofing problem, what about the message is a different size then the name? like a size or 2 smaller. Also cutting out more then 5 spaces would help a little.
My system was also similar to yours.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

What you mean by titles? having different colours(NZ spelling) for names and different colour for different chats may make it to confusing or too colourful tongue.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Well, the old system just forced an indent on the next line... I don't see why that can't be used again.

oh yea a indent would do the trick.