Topic: Problems registering illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll

Hi, I'm trying to register the illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll library, but I get an error... Can you help me?. I'm using Windows XP. I put this in the command line to register it: "regsvr32 illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll", but when I press enter I found the next error message:

"Se descargó illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll, pero no se encontró el punto de entrada DllRegisterServer

No se puede registrar este archivo."

Translated into english it's something like this:

"illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll was downloaded, but the DllRegisterServer entering point wasn't found

This file can't be registerd."

Can you help me?. Thank you. I want to use it in a Visual Basic project (for non commercial purpouse).

Regards from Valencia, Spain
Jose.

Re: Problems registering illusorystudios.internet.irc.dll

VB.NET or VB6?  Because it's a .NET DLL.  I'm not sure about VB.NET as I've not really played with it much, but C# lets you just reference the DLL from anywhere and copies it into the project without needing to register it.

VB6.

Are you saying that probably I can't register it? And probably I can't use it in VB6?

As far as I know, there's no way to use a .NET DLL with VB6.  You'll have to either use VB.NET or find another library. (or, find a way to make a .NET library work with a non-.NET program)

Ok, thank you for the help.