Topic: New site

Well, two days of work remaking my webpage and here is the result. It would have been faster but I had to teach myself PHP while I was doing it, so. :-)

All the libraries from my old page are available here too, and there's a bit more description for each of them, and more importantly this page isn't hideous, and that one was.

In addition to the aforementioned open source software, I intend to use this website as a development journal. Right now I am rewriting the client for an online RPG I wrote named Faldon (in the Links page if you are interested), so that is what I will be detailing. The rewrite is only in the early stages thus far, but it is coming along.

Re: New site

Congradulations! ...

i congradulate you on the site, but i beg of you, please fix the chaotic world of faldon, my main criticism is that the pets don't always transfer from one map to another

That's more of a server problem than anything, sadly, though I think it's because the map you're going to has no more free monster slots (happens after the server's been running for a while :-/). The server will eventually get rewritten too but that'll be after the client.

Nice... client re-write = much good la~

Make sure it is such that it can easily be updated and upgraded/added to when it's finished. And of course try to do it within a reasonable timeframe smile

Oh, and nice site. Simple but functional, hope that's also what your code for the new client is like. ^_^

One problem with something like that is that the game's code is being transmitted for all eyes to see.

I'm not so worried about people trying to copy it rather than use it as a base for hacks.

Perhaps.  Still seems easier to just have a patcher and send compiled code.  No one that plays Faldon is smart enough to know Assembly, so it's fool proof. tongue

Okay, so 1 person.  The other ones can't even write a coherent sentence and download "cool uber cheat hax00rs.exe".