Topic: Bug in SecondLanguage reading .mo files?
First of all, thank you for developing the SecondLanguage library. We have been using it successfully for a few months now, for the internationalization of a relatively large application, with almost 3000 text entries in .po files.
I've been looking at a switch to .mo files for fasting application startup, and I ran into failing unit tests when attempting to fetch pluralized forms with a context variable, E.g.:
Translation.GetPluralString("Box","Boxes", 1, "Noun");
This returns null for my test case. If I switch the unit test to read from the corresponding .po file, all is well.
I'm building the .mo file using the GNU msgfmt, with the defaults: msgfmt message.po -omessages.mo
BTW, it took a bit of a sales pitch to move the team from the .NET resx approach to using gettext tools, but we've been very happy with the switch.