Topic: Chatter code online, new version of NetIRC

I'm taking this week off as a spring break of sorts, so I've been working on updating some of the open source software on this page. The new version of NetIRC improves decoding reliability for multibyte characters, though I think it still has a bug where a send timeout can raise a SocketException, just noticed that. Chatter is an IRC client I wrote a long time ago but never released. I've put it up with a Zlib license; feel free to use it for NetIRC sample code or what have you.

2 (edited by Zammbi 2005-04-10 23:24:53)

Re: Chatter code online, new version of NetIRC

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=44 I dono if this will help but its got a bits on Isometric and Tile-based info. Also I think I read one of your post saying its not gona be tile based and being pixle based, is that true or did I read wrong heh? tongue

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

The client will allow characters to be on fractional coordinates. The art will still be tile based, of course.

if you want to see peopple from different angles turn your character around + 3d is not the most urgent thing that needs doing streamlining the coding for less lag is key

Wouldnt pixel-based mapping be easyer? Instead of doing a tile at a time, you could do large areas with one ground picture?
I was playing a game kinda look like faldon but was 3d, tho really I dont think 3d made it better. I really like the lighting (lamps, fire, lightning storms, even the night lighting was cool) which hopefully better in the new client, also gave me ideas on new npcs heh.

I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

You sure about no curves? because the game im playing is tile based and it have bumps/small pools etc as what I can see. Really the current tiles need to redone, they so easy to see there tiled and some of them dont even match up right.

Well atm there are 0 M's since lak quit and it seems that im the only gm that logs on each day...

i say give a repected person M duties .......

i would do it but i wouldnt sit on as a m thats stupid just play as your mortal then if u see some1 doing somthing wrong log ure m chara and sort it

10 (edited by Zammbi 2005-04-16 07:27:37)

Faldon graphics are not to bad, alot better then rs heh, but they do still need redoing I say there to many bugs/non finshed sets. But you are correct when you say graphics are not the only thing, well look at rs, how many player now? I say a real setout is use, alot more planing in creating maps, A story line, real npcs which have storys, quests, trading. Not this buy everything from one npcs sort of thing. New people shouldnt have to go straight and kill mice for to lvl, there should be quests/jobs before they even have to leave town. There should be lvl range areas eg there wont be a dragon cave beside main town beh. Monsters need to be plan out better, eg bunnys killing skel's, they should be weak...better AI, most monsters all they do is run up and hit you. Most shops should close up at night. Theses ideas would kinda make the game just a little bit more playable...heh

Well a faldon day could be changed to 2 hours... but not all shops have to close, like bars/banks , maybe just houses that npcs own, and some smaller shops. I hate stretch images heh, really a mecha doesnt have to be big, just another art for it will do fine, bone knights should look like undead knights, they dont have to be big. Really the graphics do need alot more sets added in, and all buggy non finshed ones taken out or fixed. Alot of places just look the same since the same art is used over and over.